The Environmental Working Group (EWG) is preparing to release a database of home cleaners. Their preview is available now for consumers.
If, like us here at alive, you’re a fan of the Environmental Working Group (EWG), we’ve got some exciting news: the EWG is preparing to release a database of home cleaners. The organization is famous for their Skin Deep database, which rates cosmetic and personal care products, helping consumers make healthy choices. The EWG also releases annual sunscreen guides and their Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce, along with various other campaigns.
The cleaners guide is expected to be out this fall, and will rate more than 2,000 products from 200 brands.
Some of the reasons products are critiqued include:
- claiming to be non-toxic or biodegradable when they’re not
- being able to blind, burn, or emit harmful fumes
- posing hazards to the environment
- containing harmful ingredients
- not providing ingredient lists
Read alive articles about green cleaning