It’s our final installment of our blog posts series showcasing three of the top skin care ingredients—for men. Our first blog post discussed the little-known exotic kakadu plum and our second was about the common—but powerful—orange peel.
Today, we focus on kelp and seaweed—ocean ingredients with amazing skin care benefits that are taking the skin care industry by storm!
Benefits of kelp and seaweed in skin care
Aquatic plants are becoming more and more popular in recipes and as supplements, and now a hot new trend in the world of skin care is using them as functional ingredients in skin care products.
Here are some of the best-known benefits of kelp and seaweed for our skin.
- Sea veggies such as kelp and seaweed are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Researchers are investigating seaweed for potential antiaging and skin-protective properties.
- Seaweed can help maintain skin’s youthful elasticity, so it’s great to help firm our skin as we age.
- Brown seaweed (a common type of seaweed) has been shown to have antiwrinkling properties, can act as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial, and may help even out skin pigmentation.
- In an interesting recent study, researchers suggest that seaweed may even help with wound healing.
- Seaweed and kelp are also said to have detoxifying and nourishing properties.
- Another class of seaweed, called red seaweed, also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Where to find kelp and seaweed in men’s skin products
Look for kelp and seaweed as ingredients in natural men’s skin care products found at natural health retailers. They can be found in facial cleansers, exfoliants, toners, masks, serums, moisturizers, and cremes for various skin types and in combination with other great natural ingredients.
Are you a Niko Man? Enter to Win!
To celebrate its launch of the new USDA certified organic skin care line for men, Niko Cosmetics is holding a contest to find the Face of Niko Man! Plus, it’s giving away $10,000 in prizes! To enter to win, or find out more, check out Niko Cosmetic’s contest website. The contest closes soon, so don’t wait!