Hey there, did you get your meditation on in March?
Next up? In April, we challenge you to cook for immune health. This is more than just an excuse to put beloved immune-boosting ingredients like ginger and garlic in EVERYTHING. This is your chance to appreciate how the foods you eat can support your immunity.
Let’s protect our health, one meal at a time.
As you probably know by now, each week of alive’s 12 Months of Wellness focuses on one mini goal as a stepping stone toward the bigger monthly objective. You’ll find the weekly focuses with key tips below. You can also download, screenshot, or print out our PDF calendar with daily to-dos.
April 1-10: Choose anti-inflammatory foods
- Avoid or reduce refined carbohydrates, deep-fried foods, and soft drinks.
- Choose whole foods like whole grains, fruits and veg, and healthy fats like avocado and olive oil.
- Try a new recipe, like this light and delicious Mexico-inspired stew.
April 11-17: Eat the rainbow
- Shop for fruits and veggies in diverse colors, such as red, orange, yellow, white, green, and purple.
- Start the day with a colorful (read: antioxidant-packed) smoothie.
- Let your kids help pick out veggies of at least two colors for dinner.
April 18-24: Add superfoods
- Top your oatmeal with super seeds like chia, hemp, or flax.
- Check out the freezer section for nutritional superstars like blueberries and acai.
- Try something new and exciting, like goji berries, moringa, or spirulina.
April 25-May 1: Consider supplements
- Check out our 7 favorite immune-supporting supplements.
- Research common supplements that many people benefit from, like a multivitamin, vitamin D, or omega-3 fatty acid.
- Peruse the selection at your local health food store.
Psst … Did you know we’re giving away fab prize packs for each 12 Months of Wellness challenge, and you’re automatically entered to win just because you subscribe to this newsletter? Congrats to the winner of our February gift basket: Amber of Alberta!