You can form a new habit in less than a month. So try a 30-day resolution and set yourself on a lifelong road to health. Changing just one thing, every month of the year for 30 years, would lead to a vitally vibrant life indeed.
Instead of a New Year’s resolution this year, I suggest that you pick a new healthy habit and simply do it for just one month. Changing just one thing, every month of the year for 30 years, would lead to a vitally vibrant life indeed.
Here are a few suggestions to inspire you, but remember, you should select only one change per month. Master one small step in January and you’ll be ready to take another small step next month.
- Buy a fruit bowl and clean out the snack cupboard. Eat fruit for desserts, quick breakfasts, or snacks anytime of the day.
- Stock up on enough canned vegetable juice to supply one serving daily for one month, or make vegetable juice fresh everyday. Vegetable juice has liver-cleansing properties and boasts nutritious vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytochemicals.
- Start drinking tea–black, green, white, rooibos, or herbal. From helping to reduce the risk of heart attack to working to prevent cancer and improve dental and bone health, drinking more tea can be a soothing and relaxing new habit.
- Choose a good quality once-a-day vitamin and mineral supplement and take it every morning.
- Make nutritious soups like the two recipes offered this month. Cook one each week and freeze it in small portions for daily servings. Add dark greens like kale and cabbage, as well as grains and beans for a well-balanced meal.
- Subscribe to alive magazine for inspiring new recipes each month.
You can form a new habit in less than a month. So try a 30-day resolution and set yourself on a lifelong road to health.