Sometimes simple methods using our own body weight are all we really need. Read to learn the best no-gear exercises you can do anywhere.
Anyone can have a great workout and blast a ton of calories at home, at the office, or while on vacation. Try this circuit workout and you’ll be sweating in no time!
Do each movement for 45 seconds and without any rest in between. Once you have completed a full circuit, take a one-minute rest, and then repeat. Aim for three to four rotations.
Muscles targeted: glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, hips, core
- Start in a push-up position with your arms completely straight. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your ankles.
- Lift your right foot off the floor and move the right knee toward your chest. Make sure your lower back posture does not change.
- Return to starting position and repeat with your left leg.
- Continue alternating.
Muscles targeted: low back extensors, lats
- Lie on your stomach with your arms straight out
above you at 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock positions, with thumbs pointed up.
- Tuck in your chin, so that the back of your neck is longer than the front, and squeeze your legs together.
- Lift your upper and lower body up as high as you can and pause at the top part of the exercise. Lower and repeat.
Muscles targeted: quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, core, upper back
- Place your hands behind your ears and, using your upper back muscles, pull your elbows back.
- Start in a standing position and slowly lower your left knee onto the ground and then your right knee.
- Once you are on both knees, come back up into a standing position leading with your left leg.
- Keep your hands behind your ears throughout the exercise.
- Continue leading with the left leg for the full set and then switch lead legs.
Muscles targeted: obliques
- Lie on your back with hands behind your ears. Bend hips and knees at a 90-degree angle with your feet off the floor.
- Straighten your left leg toward the ground while drawing your right knee in toward your chest.
- As your right knee comes toward you, lift your torso off the floor and twist toward your right knee. Make sure to use your abs to lift and twist.
- Alternate legs and twist the torso for the full set.
Muscles targeted: quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, core
- Start in a standing position.
- Bend down, knees bent, and place your hands on the floor in front of you. Shift your weight onto your hands.
- Kick back both feet to a full plank position. Make sure to keep your abs tight to prevent your hips from rising or sinking.
- Jump your feet back toward your hands and stand up again.