Host a vegan barbecue feast! Heat up the grill and keep everyone happy with our meatless recipes.
In our food-rich culture where choice has few limitations, most families make their menu selections around meat. At barbecue season it tends to be the centre of the plate with a little nod to the vegetable side dishes.
But this is changing in our dining repertoire. It’s not uncommon for one family or gathering to encompass a variety of taste preferences and dietary leanings. All these preferences can be a little onerous for the cook. Satisfying the carnivore while providing choices for the vegan and vegetarian in the group can be overwhelming.
We’ve compiled a hearty collection of vegan recipes—from start to dessert and everything hot off the grill. Odds are everyone will jump on the vegan train when they’ve sampled these recipes, and forgo the craving for a grilled piece of meat altogether.
- Tofu Vegetable Stacks
- Roasted Poblano Peppers with Creamy Bean and Cilantro Sauce
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms on Toasted Rye with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Apple and Arugula Salad with Citrus Dressing and Toasted Pecans
- Barbecued Pizza with Roasted Pepper Sauce and Spiced Chickpeas
- Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- Grilled Pineapple Slices with Coconut Ice Cream