Water was once considered the most sacred of elements. The foundation upon which all civilizations are built is tied directly to the presence of water. And so too, the foundations upon which our religions, stories and myths are founded, can be traced back to the life-giving and ever-mysterious water. Our focus on the role of water in living systems is greater today than at any other time in recent history.
Water and its relationship to our health and wellness are very important issues in this modern age. Many studies concerning hydration clearly establish that water is absolutely essential for all proper body functions, including skin and organ integrity, immune system balance, cellular respiration and repair, waste elimination and overall body longevity.
This does not include the consumption of sodas, coffee, teas and juices and especially municipal or city tap water, which brings up other issues concerning filtered water or bottled water and the challenges and/or benefits of each.
The challenge with many water filtration systems, such as distillation and reverse osmosis (RO), is that they effectively remove most toxic elements and also many useful and beneficial elements, one of the most important being oxygen.
Many bottled water companies have opted for simpler RO systems, which are operated on municipal water sources, then treated with trace amounts of ozone to provide sterilization. The finished water product in many cases is devoid of the necessary levels of oxygen needed to support life.
Water is the Lens for the Formative Process of Life
In recent studies, Dr. Masaru Emoto of Yokohama Municipal University in Japan, has shown that water carries embedded energy patterns that seem to correspond to life-affirming and life-challenging energies now visible for the first time.
The technique developed by Dr. Emoto allows one to see the internal structure of water unfolded as a form. The drop picture reveals a more chaotic structure in damaged water (deconstructing, inhibiting, annihilating the area is void of form), while displaying the harmonics of coherent nesting waveforms found in spring water (the rosetta patterning the display of form is present).
One unique discovery involves the use of oxygen to revitalize depleted waters. The re-oxygenated water shows very good structural patterning, effectively bringing the water back to the vitality of uncontaminated spring water.
Oxygen-enriched water enhances overall performance output, allowing longer aerobic workouts and faster recovery times.
What is Oxygenated Water?
In recent years a few bottled water companies have developed systems to enrich the levels of oxygen in their water products so as to increase their water quality.
Oxygenated and oxygen-enriched water is a relatively new idea in the marketplace, in which water is specially treated using unique proprietary methods to enhance the level of saturated oxygen. The enrichment processes that create oxygenated water are similar to the way extra amounts of saturated carbon dioxide are added to soft drinks.
Extra oxygen offers several benefits. The main benefit relates to the health-affirming aspects of extra oxygen being conveyed directly to the body through absorption upon consumption. Water is essential to hydrating the body, especially when exercising or playing sports. Oxygen-enriched water, compared to filtered water, greatly reduces lactic acidosis (internal muscle burn) and enhances overall performance output, allowing longer aerobic workouts and faster recovery times. With higher levels of oxygen in the blood from the oxygen-enhanced water, all biological waste and by-products from body functions are easily reduced through oxidation. This effectively deactivates potentially toxic substances and allows for faster and safer elimination cycles via skin and urine.
Oxygen has been also shown to enhance immune functions, which can be a major benefit for many health-related conditions. In addition, reducing toxic buildup has long-term beneficial effects because toxicity is the general cause of most degenerative diseases.
The overall effect on the body is one of enhancing all body functions, reducing toxic buildups and enhancing waste elimination, thereby promoting good general health.
Another, minor benefit is the extended shelf life of the water product with the inability to re-grow toxic anaerobic microbes organisms that would otherwise contaminate the product and render it useless.
My own experiences with oxygen-enriched water are many, since I engineered the first commercial system, “Living Essence Water,” and have spoken on the subject of health-related issues and water since 1994. At the Advance Water Sciences Symposium in Texas in 1996 I spoke about the next evolution of water technologies, centering on restructuring water to enhance the healing aspects of it for spa applications.
I use oxygen water in my daily maintenance routine to provide the most effective anti-aging modality, since toxic waste accumulation is known to cause premature aging. I feel the benefits are obvious and I truly feel the difference, as do many other people who consume it. Another benefit is the wonderful light refreshing taste of oxygenated water-it truly tastes great!
source: Rocky Mountains, Alberta
source: Clairvic, France
source: Mirabel, Quebec
source: Evian, France
source: Vergeze, France
TDS = Total dissolved solids. Info taken from labels.
What’s in the Water?
- Comes from a well in a confined aquifer.
- Levels in well must stand at some height above the top of the aquifer.
- Water that has been turned into steam to leave impurities behind.
- Steam is condensed into pure water.
- Used in the manufacture of pharmaceutical and liquid dry prescriptions.
- Contains fluoride that is added within the limitations set by federal regulations.
- Some spring and artesian sources have naturally occurring fluoride in trace amounts.
- Must contain no less than 250 parts per million (ppm) total dissolved solids (TDS) (solids being the minerals in the water).
- Must come from a geologically and physically protected underground water source.
- Distinguished from other types of water by the regular mineral and trace elements present.
- No minerals may be added to this water.
- Produced by distillation, de-ionization, reverse osmosis or other suitable processes that meet the legal definition of “purified water.”
- May also be known as “demineralized water.”
- Contains, after treatment and possible replacement of carbon dioxide, the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had at emergence from the source.
- Soda water, seltzer water and tonic water are not considered bottled waters. They are regulated separately and considered soft drinks.
- Must come from underground formation and flow naturally to the surface of the earth.
- Emanates from beneath the earth, from under strata that formed in prehistoric times.
- Must be collected at the spring or through a bore hole tapping the underground formation finding the spring.
Source: Adapted from water.com